For those who want to stop here, this is Bessire's bottom line:
- Redskins finish in division 4th place with 7 wins
- Lombardi Trophy stays with the Beast – Eagles over Patriots, 28 – 26
- Robert Griffin III wins Offensive Rookie of the Year
|Week||Opponent||Redskins Score||Opponent Score||Win %|
- The Redskins could win their opening game. Saints will need half the season to overcome their offseason travails. However they cope, Week One is the best time to face New Orleans.
- Good thing the NFL shut down New Orleans' bounty program. Um, it is shut down, right?
- The Rams appear on the Redskins schedule with the regularity of two fourth-place clubs that cannot escape the basement. Washington won two of the last five games.
- Redskins over the Bengals is surprising. Sophomore slump for Andy Dalton?
- Don't sleep on the Vikings. The Redskins knocked Adrian Peterson and Christian Ponder out of the game in their last match. Remember what happened then?
- Things get very tough starting Week 7 when the 'Skins run a gauntlet of NFC Beast and AFC North teams. Injuries will be a factor. It helps that the BYE is Week 10.
- The Redskins have never beaten a Mike Vick-led team when Vick completed the game.
- The NFL will regret not scheduling Panthers @ Redskins (Cam Newton vs. RG3) for national television. They saved that for Panthers @ Eagles about a week later.
Based on the Bessire's analysis, here is the projected NFL 2012 Playoff bracket. It should be noted however, that this exact bracket only occurred 416 of the 50,000 seasons played by the Predictalator:
Wild Card Round
#6 Buffalo 16 @ #3 Pittsburgh 23
#5 Baltimore 20 @ #4 San Diego 21
#3 Pittsburgh 17 @ #2 Houston 20
#4 San Diego 24 @ #1 New England 34
#2 Houston 23 @ #1 New England 29
Wild Card Round
#6 New York Giants 19 @ #3 San Francisco 20
#5 Detroit 23 @ #4 Atlanta 26
#4 Atlanta 17 @ #1 Philadelphia 26
#3 San Francisco 19 @ #2 Green Bay 27
#2 Green Bay 24 @ #1 Philadelphia 28
Philadelphia 28 over New England 26